Welcome to TiforOA Food Ideas

Please send us your OA food ideas to:
Tioablog@gmail.com

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Abstinent Cheesecake - this replaces a breakfast meal

Ingredients:



"Crust"

1 oz. of oats (1 1/2 oz. if that is your measurement)

cinnamon



Filling

1 egg

2 oz. cottage cheese

2 oz raisins or 6 oz cortlandt apple diced

or 1 oz raisins and 3 oz cortlandt apple diced

cinnamon - to taste (important)

(you can vary the fruit - drained pineapple is also good, as well as fresh cherries)



I use the smallest square aluminum foil baking dishes available (I think 4 X 4)



1) Toast oats/cinnamon in oven for about five minutes.

2) Spread half this mixture on botton of pan.

3) Mix the filling and spread over oats.

4) Top with remainder of oats.



Bake at 350 for about 35-45 minutes. Check for doneness.





I usually make six of these at the same time and freeze. First I measure out 6 oz. of oatmeal and toast, and then spread the 1/2 for botton crust in each of the six pans.

Then I do filling for each one separately in a bowl, using the same bowl consecutively and put that in each pan. Finally, I top each one with 1/2 oz of oats.



It is a little time consuming, but I do it occasionally for Shavuous or when I want to have a quick breakfast ready to pull from the freezer. Especially good for traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment